The Reclaimed wood headboard is the crude headboard that either come in well-designed or in raw form. These provide an ultra-aesthetical look to your room.
Suppose you are walking into a top-end luxurious hotel. There are a well-appointing desk, eye-catch wallpapers, and a luxury king size bed without a headboard. That will not look right at all. A bare wall is not at all look good when you have the best mattress, fully stacked pillow as they don’t look good like finished when pushed against a bare wall. This same applies to your home also. A headboard provides an immense aesthetical look to your bedroom. It has also some practical features. It helps to keep the mattress in a stagnant place and also provides back support if you have a habit of sitting up while reading or using the phone.
The choice of headboard depends upon different attributes. It depends on how you use your bed and also on the sense of design. If you are a regular night time reader then it helps a lot. Padded and quilted headboards help a lot for backaches. Some give major consideration to the storage section in the headboard only. Those who want minimalistic furniture in their bedroom goes for a low headboard with a slim profile. Those who want the maximalist approach prefers ultra-high wooden headboard.
Also read our ultimate guide about the best barn door headboards.
A bed needs some more accessories such as a good mattress, integrated headboard, and footboard. A headboard is an additional attachment that works with an existing bed frame. Usually, they are equipped with a simple steel rack or legs. Headboards provide comfort and flexibility as these are generally lightweight. Some headboards are permanently attached to the wall, some just pushed underneath it. Some sit on legs especially the upholstered ones, which are rectangular, the bed is either fixed or pressed to get headboards in shape.
Top 10 Best Reclaimed Wood Headboards in 2023 – Chart
We are providing you with some of the best reclaimed wood headboards detailed analysis. This will enable you to narrow down your buying search. This will save a substantial amount of effort so that you can avail of the best quality of headboard which will make your bedroom interior eye-catchy.
|#||Appearance||Product Name||Advantage||Our Rating|
|1||Made with real thick reclaimed wood|
Mounts on wall
|2||Engineered wood construction|
5 year limited
|3|| scraps of reclaimed/recycled weathered wood|
rustic modern industrial headboard
|4||natural variations like knots or splits|
3 panel sets
|5||Powder coated metal|
|6||reclaimed narrow strips of barn wood|
100% reclaimed barn wood
|7||100% of "Our" Wall Decor Boards|
installation *NO POWER TOOLS NEEDED*
|8||Handcrafted in the USA|
Easy Assembly incl
|9||rustic farmhouse style|
made from 100% solid wood
|10||PLANK STYLE DETAILING|
LIGHT ASSEMBLY REQUIRED
1. Barn Walls Handcrafted Stain King Size Reclaimed Wood Headboard
If you want to change your room vibes with an exclusive headboard, which is handcrafted and made with real new and thick wood, then this reclaimed wooden headboard fulfills all the needs.
You can set a tour room with a total transitional style of headboard. It provides eye-pleasing and a stylish look with a touch of originality. These are handcrafted with wood panels in a solid color selection which makes it unique.
These are eye-catchy designs with the warm coloring of bright tones. It seamlessly exists with your existing décor.
These headboards are made up of solid wood. It provides a rustic, antique and weathered look. There are some knots and splits in the wood due to its distressing nature. Don’t take it as defects, these are default imperfections of nature which adds a special charm to your headboard.
This created a classic vibe. It easily mounts on the wall. These include hooks and nails. All the steps for installation are provided. These are compatible with adjustable beds.
- This is one of the exclusive and beautiful kinds of headboard designs. This is stained with oil-based honey. It has a tendency to absorb all the actions tone as these stains are of different shades which makes it good.
- Unique designs are created with these stains. The weathered touch also provides it with some edge over others. These are called mixes and the names are tied with these. Generally, it shows the feelings and locations where it is going to be used.
- Vintage looks are provided by those weathered and distressed patterns. A whole lot of colors are soft and subtle. It comes in different shades of colors such as turquoise, teal, and light yellow.
2. Sauder Carson Forge Reclaimed Wood Headboard, Full/Queen
If you want to give a crude and raw touch to your interior then it’s a good one. The Sauder Carson forge full and queen headboard provides the classic touch to the room. The classic country design provides much vibrant designing to your headboard. These are made up of engineered wood which is having a laminated finish.
The attachments of wrought iron provide it with a raw yet subtle touch. If selected in a good option it will complement your bedroom furniture in a way that provides eye-catchy attributes.
The basic design is of the rustic touch of wood. The wood is then surrounded by wrought iron attachments that provide its longevity. Moreover, it will provide a good look at the headboard. The engineered wood is sober and soft. It provides a subtle touch to your room.
Making it define the interior of the room is preferable. This will change the vibes of your bedroom. The safety and cushion provided by these are effective. The laminated finish due to the heavy engineered woods are out of the box.
- The laminated finish of the headboard provides a subtle touch to this reclaimed wooden headboard.
- The individuality of the design with the combination of wrought iron pieces is eye-catchy.
- The soothing visual experience you get from this headboard changes the vibe of the room.
- The rawness is the added advantage of these headboards.
- The design perspective of these headboards is quite efficient and mesmerizing.
- The cushioning it provides to the neck and head prevents all the aches and pains which you are getting without that.
3. Thelakenest Grey weathered modern industrial reclaimed recycled wood wall mount headboard art
This is one of a kind of reclaimed wooden headboard. It provides rustic modern industrial touch to the panels. These are prepared by the handmade reclaimed scraps of wood. These are sustainable products that are being constructed with scraps.
This approach is innovative and those who believe in doing something for the environment prefer this type of piece. The sanding and fitting enable it to get a texture while having a soft and smooth finish which enables the user to freely lean against it. It is finished with customized wax.
The cleat system provided in the mounting makes it easy to hang freely behind the bed or frame. It approximately measures 20 inches tall, the width of all the headboards are 1.5inches.
If you want a taller one then choosing a taller height is preferable. The pillows are arranged in that fashion so that it will look neat and secure. The construction of this headboard is one of its kind as it includes scraps.
- The sustainable approach of making this headboard unique furnishing equipment provides a soft and subtle touch.
- The waxed finish is quite flawless which gives the user an alternative to use it efficiently.
- The look generated but this changes the total vibe of the room, making it the perfect place to get loosen up and take rest as you want.
- The scraps are gently finessed so that all the rough edges can be textured and the look comes neatly as well as crude.
- It is great for those who want their room to be sustainably furnished.
4. Handcrafted Antique White Queen size Reclaimed Wood Headboard
These are one of the exclusive and beautiful kinds of headboard designs which are having a soft visual experience. If you generously want to have a subtle and antique headboard which provides a vintage look to your bedroom, then these are quite preferable.
It comes with a weathered touch that has brown colour tones which gives this a look of elements. Moreover, the whitewash colour is one of its types. These are preferable for those who want segmented panels for their headboards.
The panels used for the construction are of solid wood which provides the distressed look. It also gives a rustic, antique and weathered look. Due to the panels which are made from the distressed woods, there will be some visuals that look like knots and spills.
Don’t take these spills and knots as defects as they provide the rawness for the panels as they are made of distressed woods. It easily mounts on the wall due to construction design. The small imperfections provide a unique charm to the headboard.
- The main USP of these headboards is the stains which makes these as a beautiful and unique piece. The rustic look is provided by the oil stain. These stains come in different shades such as Dark Walnut, Honey, Golden Oak, Gunstock, Ebony, and Classic Grey. These also come with the colour combinations of intense tones such as winter sky and charcoal grey.
- The vintage look is provided by the weathered and distressed touch. It comes in a wide variety of colours such as baby blue, whitewash, turquoise, teal, and light yellow.
5. WE Furniture High-Grade MDF Brown Wood Headboard, Queen
If you want to avail of a minimalistic piece of the headboard that will fulfill all of your needs as well as gives a unique touch to your room then this brand is totally for you. These are mixed medium, trendy designs that make this unique. These are durably constructed with refined metal.
The powder coating enables it to acquire a good aesthetic look. The high –grade MDF wood provides longevity. This headboard is truly able to be a centerpiece of attraction for your bedroom.
These headboards come with a material that gives it a rustic feel. These are stylishly designed to increase the uniqueness of the bedroom. It complements the best as it is id=s made up of MDF quality wood which is a unique combination of metal and wood.
It surely complements your home décor. These are constructed with high-grade wood material and then powder coated to provide texture. The edges are carved out so that the user will feel comfy while leaning against it.
- The practicality this headboard provides is quite good. Due to the materials used and the powder coating on the metal, it is safe for teenagers and kids also.
- It is preferable to carry out with the specific measurement as it gets mounted behind the bed which makes it stable.
- These are good for those who want to combine their metal frame bed with something new which enormously increases the design of the room.
6. AllBarnWood Farmhouse Style Arched King Size Headboard with Narrow Weathered Reclaimed Wood Slats
If you are equipped with a king-size bed and having a habit of reading while going to sleep then this brand is well enough to suit that need. These headboards provide weathered touch to the panels.
These are constructed with the combination of slats which is quite good. The slat type of design is very unique as it combines multiple slats of wood to form a singular piece. These are good for those rooms where space is a constraint. You can hang it behind the bed.
These Barnwood headboards are constructed with narrow strips of barn wood. The strips which are joint together with the help of glue comes in different colours such as unpainted, grey and brown. These are glued with the help of natural OSB.
The upper surface of the headboards is cleaned and sealed to get rid of the possibility of getting dirty. These are first cut into an arch shape which then trimmed off. These are equipped with 4×4 posts with a screw. Barnwood is a great alternative to maintain a sustainable approach that prevents the usage of other woods. These are for a specific purpose which makes it a good accessory for your bed.
- The Barnwood headboards are made up of reclaimed narrow strips of barn wood which provides this a finesse to last forever. The arch shape is quite preferable as they provide good attachment. The safety precaution taken for comfort and cleanliness is innovative.
- The uniqueness of Barnwood with polished coating and attachment of metals provide the user with a great décor material for their bedroom. Keeping a check on slits is good for testing the quality of the headboard.
7. EAST COAST Rustic Reclaimed Barn Wood Wall Panels – Good for DIY Headboard
The need for rustic design for a headboard is viable. Giving your bedroom a new feel which describes your attitude also is beneficial. As you get to view this headboard daily without fail. This brand of east coast provides many advantages for those who want above.
These are the reclaimed wooden headboard which can change your interior of the room very much. Moreover, the complement for other furniture is also on the higher side with this brand. Let’s delve into the features, practicality, decoration, aesthetic value and materials used for this piece to construct.
The made of this reclaimed wooden headboards goes through a special proprietary process. It includes drying, cleaning, machining and restoring each wood strip with ease. This special process brings the wood to full potential, all the characters, wear patterns, texture and colours are being rectified as these are the defects which are taken care of.
The exact measurement of the headboard is 20 square feet in which each plank is 3.5 inches wide and 0.32 inches thick. These allow the headboard to weather as much as it needs and the makes it sturdy.
- These are 100 percent restored from being dismantled to produce their old charm. These are the best wall décor which makes it good for those users who want a vintage look for their bedroom.
- The décor value for this headboard is massive as it provides a serene beauty behind your bed.
- The grey weathered boars are equipped with outside siding and textures which makes it smoother and softer. The highly textured surface provides a unique design which is quite scenic. The sense of cushioning is also good.
8. Midwest Farmhouse Unfinished Reclaimed Wood Headboard – Perfect DIY Headboard Component
If you want to tinker and make your headboard then this is the piece you are looking for. These pieces are quite crude and raw. This headboard provides many unique aspects for the design purpose of the wood.
The wood used for making is of top quality. It provides the user with the option of customizing the whole product as per their needs. They can make it’s per the interior of their room. The aesthetical look it provides is quite good.
The solid wood provides a firm stature for this headboard. These are constructed with the process of slats. The wooden panel which makes it worthwhile to buy for are of grade1 quality. The wooden panels are slat and then attached to them forming a singular piece.
The customer can make it as per their needs and desire, it will enable to provide a serene beauty which makes it preferable and popular among the users. The attachment of wooden slats is quite stable which provides long life. The polishing and different texture are additional. The design is rectangular with slats in position.
- Tinkering your headboard van be cumbersome but it provides satisfaction. The efficient practicality you get after tinkering is on an optimal level. As per the design of your choice, you can avail of anything you want. Just going for a readymade piece can make you crave for something more. This is the investment which is not of a small amount, so to attain maximum value the input from customer is beneficial.
- Due to the heaviness of 100 percent solid wood, the stagnant and stable mounting proves a good choice. It will enable you to enrich your interior with serene beauty. You can also polish the panels as you want.
9. Torched Farmhouse Reclaimed Wood Headboard, King
If you want something sustainable and handmade then this is quite appropriate. This will help you to find the best accessory for your king-size bed. Those who want the rustic cum farmhouse design they can opt for this. These will provide a true farmhouse effect as they are truly constructed with the view of that.
The vintage look it provides is something new. Try this reclaimed wooden headboard and give your bedroom a new definition of elegant and sustainable design.
This torched farmhouse collection of the reclaimed wooden headboard is made with a delicate process. It is first to select cut from lumber which provides a unique touch to overall look/ these are built to last long as it is made up of 100% solid wood.
These are easily assembled pieces. The dimensions and weight for quite different sizes of bed, Twin: 48Hx41W Full: 48Hx56W Queen: 48Hx62W King: 48Hx78W. the weight varies based on wood material and also the density of the material.
- These pieces provide immense practical usage as they are minimalistic in approach. The usage of this reclaimed wooden headboard is quite efficient.
- The décor value is also good as it is equipped with solid wood. There is just one concern of weight as they are made up of solid wood these can be very heavy which may cause some problems. Other than that this is a piece that gives maximum satisfaction and value.
- The value for money for this specific brand is quite high as it provides grade1 material.
10. Ashley Signature Design Contemporary Style Reclaimed Wood Headboard, Queen size, White
If you want a rustic approach design in your bedroom then this brand of reclaimed wooden headboards is preferable. It provides a homey and rustic combination. This will provide serene beauty to your bedroom right behind you.
The whitewash finish of this headboard is quite awesome. It is made over replicated grain. The authenticity provided due to the plank-style detailing is a good authentic way to carry on the unique vibes. This is made up of manmade wood material.
The two-tone finish provides it with an authentic touch, the side rollers are attached which are used for the smooth operation of drawers. The storage space is also substantial. This provides an ultimate shabby look to your room.
The driftwood whitewash finish entails a treat to eyes. The wood-grained pattern provides an authentic touch to the headboard. The ring pull hardware in an antique brass color is quite mesmerizing. The rustic touch is due to the plank-style detailing which is quite comfortable. To eyes.
- It provides traditional style which is due to the carved detail and curvy lines. The combination of dark metal and wood grain is the trademark style of this brand. These are minimalistic in design approach. It includes minimum lines and simple hardware. The distressed effects and vintage look provides the farmhouse style which is quite appealing.
- These come in a different style which acts as a good decorative piece. The upholstered or leather coverings are subtle. These are provided with mounting attachments which enables this to acquire stability. With the movement of the bed, other headboards can dislodge from their place.
Reclaimed Wood Headboard Buying Guide
If you are investing in a headboard, so that to provide your room with something new, then this buying guide will furnish all the details. The reclaimed wooden headboards are the best headboards that can substantially increase the look of your bedroom. Moreover, it provides all the comfort and ease which you want to give yourself.
Things to consider before purchase a reclaimed wooden headboards
Below are the attributes which should be taken into consideration while buying a reclaimed wooden headboard.
First and foremost is the selection of material. Wood, fabric, lacquer are some of the materials which are popularly used in making the headboard. You should narrow down your choices, with these materials. You can browse on the internet or just skim through the desired choices.
Below are some of the elements you should consider
- Warranty on the headboard. How long is the warranty period and also the things that the warranty covers?
- The tightness of stitching if it bohemian or upholstered. The selection of wood material in reclaimed wooden headboards. Read our ultimate guide about best bohemian headboards.
- Will the wood hold up in your household? Making a choice which you cannot fuss about afterward.
- The aesthetic value of the headboard so that it complements the bed and also the frame.
- For reclaimed wooden headboard, the wood is the main consideration, if it is solid or is it a veneer? One of the backdrops of the veneer is that the chips show more readily.
- The shipping and making its arrangement in your home is one of the main concerns. You should measure your doorways and staircase so that at the time of delivery there will not any discomfort.
Things which should be avoided while buying
The purchase of your headboard needs a hefty investment. You should not intent on keeping it like an investment piece. As these are not those products which will be changed every year. At the price point, you should check all the aspects. Check out for any damage, there should be no cracks, scratches or bent hardware. If you are not getting happy while buying due to any cause, then you should avoid purchasing. These are pieces that you will be seeing every night. To prevent yourself from any concerns beforehand.
Main attributes to look for while buying the best reclaimed wooden headboard
There is a critical need to understand the attributes of the headboard elaborately. We’re going to describe those in detail. This will help you to consider all the aspects of headboards while buying. Proper research can save you from future hassles and haste. There is a possibility to save a substantial amount of money. After all, this is an investment that can change the aura of your bedroom.
1. Design of the headboards
Before some period, the headboards are used for insulating the head of the sleeper. Today there is more of a furnishing and aesthetical furniture which provides great scenic beauty to your room. It also provides comfort and ease for your neck if you are an avid reader or just want to watch your phone while sitting on your bed. In simple words, the reclaimed headboards provide the aesthetical design as well as fulfilling your needs to avoid different types of aches and pains.
Below are some of the designs which are popular in headboards.
- Panel design
This is one of the most basic designs of the headboard. It is mainly a flat, rectangular board that sits above the bed. There are vivid materials by which these panel headboards are being constructed. Also, it comes in different colors and styles. There are some more accessories that are attached to these such as nail heads, crown molding, and many more pleasing attachments.
- Wingback design
This headboard consists of two panels that are jotted down from both sides. It provides better enclosing for the bed headspace. These come in various measurements.
- Slat design
These types of designs are traditional. These are up of vertical or horizontal bars of a slat of wood. These are attached to an outer core that is curved or flat sides.
- Open-Frame Design
This is somehow the same as slat headboards, but these have simple borders and the frame is also minimalistic. The design of the inner bars is complex in this.
- Sleigh design
These are the classic design which slopes backward gently. These are equipped with ornamental attachments. These attachments can be normal to complex. It requires some more space behind the bed than those contemporary ones.
2. Material used
Those headboards which are with the covering of linen, leather or velvet offer comfy posture and are most comfortable to sitting against them. This can be simple or with a detailed finish. It also consists of some complex finishing touches which make the stitching of the material strong and visually compelling.
This is the core material for the reclaimed wooden headboards. Most of those come with wooden materials only. These traditional headboards are stylish, they can be painted or stained. These also come in vivid patterns such as classic or contemporary.
These headboards are those which have maximum work of metals. The various metals which complement the headboard design are wrought iron, brass, steel or other metals. This provides various looks whether it will be modern or vintage. These are a good alternative to more dense materials.
- Wicker, Rattan, or Natural Fibers
These are lightweight and woven headboards which are all about texture. You can get a different finish whether it is natural or painted finish. These types of headboards are preferable in coastal homes.
Reclaimed wood headboard Installation and sizing concerns
There are no fix standards heights of headboards. These come according to the bed sizes twin, full or double, king or queen sizes. You should resist your urge to get a big one as the aesthetic value of headboards is according to their designs and materials.
The common installations techniques of the headboards. Some of them are listed below
These are the headboards that are attached to the drill into the wall behind the bed. These provide stability to the headboard.
- Bed Frame-Mounted
These headboards are attached directly to the back of the bed. These are a better alternative for those headboards which may get unstable due to uneven movement.
These are the headboards that are neither drilled nor with an attachment. These come with moving wheels that are best for mobility.
According to the above information, you should prefer headboards as per your requirement. Investing a substantial amount of money on the purchase is good, but before that, you should research a lot. This research can save you from different problems that can eventually occur after usage. These are the aesthetical furnishing accessories that can change the vibes if your bedroom.
The reclaimed wooden headboards provide all of the qualities which can affect a lot. These headboards provide a classic look and increase the style quotient of your room. Your bedroom interior will get an accessory which will uplift the show.
This write-up generously describes some of the best reclaimed wooden headboards which will make you narrow down your choices easily. Use this review efficiently and get a hold of your style game.