Last Updated on 03/21/2022 by Foam Globes
Daybeds are unique and beautifully customized furniture which transforms itself into a bed from a couch. They can be placed in bedrooms, guest rooms, or office spaces. A twin-size daybed is an ideal option for a small house or small living space. They occupy less space than a bed and make the room look spacious and beautiful. Today our discussion focuses on kids’ daybeds.
Trundle daybeds occupy less space and therefore they’re perfect for kids’ rooms. In addition to this, they also come in many different styles. If you need extra space to sleep then just pull the trundle unit under the daybed. If you are lacking storage space, make sure to look for a daybed with storage. Taking price into consideration, daybeds are usually a very cost-effective option as compared to other traditional beds.
The Kids daybed is made up of three units: frame, mattress support, and trundle.
The frame is usually made of wood or metal which are mostly designed to fit in twin size mattresses. Frames give the look to the daybed.
Mattress support is referred to as the link spring or slat system.
- Link springs consist of metal-like structures with spring and are more commonly used.
- The slat system is less common and is similar to any other twin-sized bed. Once the mattress is placed on the bed, it is good to use it.
Daybed trundles are available in two types; pop up trundles and drawer trundles.
- Pop-up trundles are very common and they can be elevated to transform the double bed into a king-size bed by placing it next to each other.
- Drawer trundles are mainly used for kids and do not elevate. They can also be used as a storage trundle.
Expand Quick Links:
- Kids Daybed Styles:
- Benefits of the Kids Daybed
- Factors to Consider When Buying Kids Daybed
- Top 10 Best Kids Daybeds in 2022 – Chart
- 1. Best Kids Daybed With Trundle – DHP Manila Metal Framed Daybed with Trundle, Twin – White
- 2. Best Boys Daybed – Hillsdale Furniture White Daybed with Trundle, Twin
- 3. Best Kids Daybed for Girls – Novogratz Her Majesty Upholstered Daybed with Trundle, Pink Linen
- 4. Best Toddler Daybed – Dream On Me Solid Wood Toddler Kids DayBed with Safety Rail
- 5. Best Small Daybed – Zinus Leo 39 Inch Twin Daybed Frame, Premium Steel Slat
- 6. Best Kids Daybed with Storage – MIERES Solid Wood Daybed with Drawers Storage for Kids
- 7. Best Twin Bookcase Daybed – Discovery World Furniture Bookcase Kids Daybed with 6 Drawers, Espresso
- 8. Best Full-size Kids Daybed – DHP Manila Metal Full Daybed with Twin Trundle
- 9. Best Solid Wood Kids Daybed – Dorel Living Kayden Daybed Solid Wood, Twin, White
- 10. Best Children’s Daybed Bunk Bed – Zinus Florence Twin Daybed and Roll Out Trundle Frame Set
- The Complete Guide Of Kids Daybed
Kids Daybed Styles:
- South Shore Tiara Daybed: A kids daybed in the kid’s room is the best idea in order to save space and give it a unique look. The south shore tiara daybed is specially designed as a girl’s daybed as it has jewel-like inserts giving it a tiara look and making her feel like a princess. It’s undoubtedly every young girl’s fantasy these days. This daybed also comes along with 3 drawers, giving you an ample amount of space.
- Toddler daybed: The main difference between any regular daybed and toddler daybed is the guard rail on the open side of the crib which prevents the toddler from falling off.
- Kids daybed with storage: When you have a kid you need plenty of space to store some of his useful accessories. The idea of a daybed along with a drawer serving as a storage place is a bonus. You can store the kid’s toys or books or any other essentials.
Benefits of the Kids Daybed
- Space-saving: Daybed is a kind of furniture which uses minimum space and is perfect for small houses or studio apartment. It’s a multi-purpose couch/bed which comes with an additional bed and storage area. To think of, you are paying for one twin bed and getting an additional single bed at the same price without using up any additional space.
- Variety: Daybeds come in a wide range of variety. Some of the most common factors include size, colors, and styles. These factors allow you to choose the most suitable option for your baby. You can even buy something more customized according to your baby’s gender and age.
- Storage: Most of the time, the daybed comes along with a drawer or trundle – offering an additional benefit. You can use the drawers for pillows, bedspreads, comforters, and blankets. If you are expecting a guest, just put in a mattress and you can use it as a bed.
Factors to Consider When Buying Kids Daybed
When it comes to the safety of the child, no factor can be compromised. There are a number of good toddler daybeds available for your kid which you can choose depending on your product requirements and satisfaction. Here are some factors to consider in order to buy a toddler daybed.
Style/Design: Buy a daybed that is suitable according to the age and gender of the kid. If the kid is a toddler, be careful with the design and purchase a design that does not have sharp ends. If you are planning to buy a daybed for adults, look out for the various styles and types.
Size: Choose a small daybed which you think will be appropriate for the toddler.
Material: Toddler bed comprises of either wood or metal. However, wood is used more commonly used. Wooden beds are versatile – they come in various shades, design, form, and sizes, allowing them to fit in anywhere in the room.
Extras: If the toddler adores a cartoon character or toys, you should go for a daybed that comes along with printed cartoon characters or has some toys attached to it. This would help the baby to feel more relaxed and comfortable.
Comfort: A toddler bed should be spacious so that the child could easily move around in the crib. The bed should have high sides to prevent the fall. The child will take a while to adjust himself in his/her new bed so give it some time. If you try to rush this process, the baby might start hating the bed. In addition to this, it’s also a good idea to fill the bed with your baby’s favorite toys to keep him engaged.
Safety: This is probably the most important factor to consider. The bed should have enough legroom with high sides. There shouldn’t be any sharp object or part protruding out which may hurt the child. Make sure that the mattress covers the entire bed or else, it may leave gaps between the mattress and the frame/wood, resulting in the kid being stuck or hurt.
Storage: If you’re lacking storage space in the house you can purchase the storage daybed.
Trundle: Planning on buying a new bed but wondering where to keep it? Don’t worry, we have the answer to it. Purchase a daybed trundle with mattress and use it as a bed. Very handy for sleepovers or when you have unexpected guests.
Choosing the right product could be confusing and frustrating at times. With so many similar products in the market, there’s no easy way to filter out the best ones. Therefore, in order to make this process easier for you, I’ve come up with the top 10 best-performing products.
Top 10 Best Kids Daybeds in 2022 – Chart
1. Best Kids Daybed With Trundle – DHP Manila Metal Framed Daybed with Trundle, Twin – White
DHP Manila Metal Framed Daybed with Trundle is ideal for small area houses or rooms. It gives a smart and modern look to the room as it’s designed with Victorian rounded finials. The frame of this daybed is made of strong metal with metal slats for extra support making the air pass through the mattress for long use and not causing any foul smell. The daybed is available in various sizes – twin, full, king and queen. It means that each bed has a different weight holding capacity and also the size of the mattresses differ from each other.
The king-sized daybed accommodates any standard twin, full, king or queen mattress. The trundle consists of 4 glide casters – two lockings and two non-locking which ease the pulling and pushing in of the trundle. It is preferably used as a kid’s daybed with trundle. Here’s the list of its pros and cons:
2. Best Boys Daybed – Hillsdale Furniture White Daybed with Trundle, Twin
Hillsdale Caspian daybed with trundle is a very sturdy wooden daybed made with a very simple design that shows elegance. It is a traditional wood twin daybed/trundle with wheels making it easy to come out and go back in. This daybed comes in 3 different colors; dark brown, grey and white. It is suitable to be used in bedrooms, home offices, guest rooms, etc.
3. Best Kids Daybed for Girls – Novogratz Her Majesty Upholstered Daybed with Trundle, Pink Linen
Novogratz Her Majesty Upholstered Daybed with Trundle is a very beautifully designed and versatile daybed with various styles, sizes, and colors. It doesn’t end here; it’s an upholstered daybed that can be assembled by you within no time.
There are two styles available; bed/daybed and trundle with beautiful colors like blue linen, grey linen, light green, pink, blue, gray, light pink to give an appealing appearance. There are four sizes available to choose the daybed you had dreamed of – full, king, queen, and twin.
The light pink twin size daybed and trundle is a mid-century design with “fake” diamonds fitted on the backrest and comfortable hand rest making your girl feel like a princess. To finish it off, the legs of the daybed are tapered brown. It’s made of a wooden frame with linen material.
If you’ve had problems in pulling out the trundles or with its wheels not being locked, then you are looking at the right daybed with trundle. This pulls out trundle comes along with locked wheels/ casters. It can accommodate two standard twin size mattresses.
It has a unique bentwood slat system that provides support to your back, helping in keeping your good posture. The slats allow air to pass through the mattress which always keeps it fresh. The maximum weight limit varies from one design and size to another. If you’re looking to buy a daybed, this product is definitely something that you should consider.
4. Best Toddler Daybed – Dream On Me Solid Wood Toddler Kids DayBed with Safety Rail
No parent would compromise on a child’s safety. If you’re a parent (especially a mom), you must have experienced a time where you had to wake up in the middle of the night just to ensure your kids’ safety and well-being. Well, that won’t be the case anymore. This daybed is specifically designed for this purpose and all elements to ensure your child’s safety was put together in place during the manufacturing process. This will allow you to get a good night’s sleep without having to check on your baby every now and then.
It is made up of solid wood with a very low height. A safety rail is present at the side to prevent the baby from falling. With a toddler around, you may need some extra storage space to keep his belongings such as clothing items and toys. Hence, it comes loaded with the storage space that you might be looking for. This daybed comes in white, espresso, black, cherry and natural colors giving it a classic look for toddler daybed. The overall assembling process is pretty noob-friendly. In addition to this, it only weighs around 48 lbs, making it easy to move around the room.
All the Dream On Me products are designed by keeping in mind the safety of your little ones.
- Meet or exceed all applicable ASTM and CPSC standards.
- Free of phthalates, latex, lead, and BPA.
- Ergonomically designed, structurally sound and stable.
5. Best Small Daybed – Zinus Leo 39 Inch Twin Daybed Frame, Premium Steel Slat
Zinus Leo is a daybed giving a classic, traditional outlook that only comes in black color. It is a 39 inch universally accepted twin size mattress available in two styles; Leo and Sophia – offering an extra seating and sleeping place.
The frames for both styles are made of steel, giving the daybed support and making it sturdy and durable. The frame dimension for Leo is 39″ W x 77″ L x 29.4” H (13’’ H to mattress base) while for Sophia is 39″ W x 77.5″ L x 29” H (13” H to mattress base). The daybed will work perfectly in a guestroom or small houses as its small, compact and has extra storage space. In addition to this, this product comes with a 5-year warranty.
6. Best Kids Daybed with Storage – MIERES Solid Wood Daybed with Drawers Storage for Kids
MIERES daybed is a twin daybed with trundle and drawers made out of solid wood. The frame is made of MDF, rubberwood and pine plywood which are strong and sturdy with no metal or sharp edges, making it absolutely safe for kids. It can withstand a weight of 200 lbs, making it fit for daily use. The daybed does not have a box spring or foundation, it just requires a mattress and is ready to use. It is available in three different colors; white, walnut and gray. It’s not just about the twin size bed or the twin trundle, there’s more to this daybed. It comes along with not just one or two, but three storage drawers. You can sort out your essentials according to your needs or categories and place each of them in different drawers.
7. Best Twin Bookcase Daybed – Discovery World Furniture Bookcase Kids Daybed with 6 Drawers, Espresso
World Furniture Bookcase Daybed is a unique, versatile twin size daybed with lots of storage space under the bed as well as on the headboard. This magnificent piece of kid’s daybed is made of solid pine ensuring maximum stability and strength. It comes in two beautiful colors; Espresso and Honey. Espresso is a 6-step lacquered finish that contains a very rich, dark brown tone and is top-coated with a moderate sheen.
On the contrary, honey is a lighter finish. It is a 4-step lacquered finish that contains mainly a light neutral tone with a golden highlight and is top-coated with a mild sheen. The honey color is most commonly used due to its lighter tone merging and contrasting with the rest of the home/room furniture.
Two shelves are placed on the headboard for keeping easy access items like books, alarm clock, and cellphone, etc. You wouldn’t want to ruin the look of your room and daybed by placing lots of items on the headboard, so for that, you get an additional 6 drawer storage area under the bed. This feature will ensure that you don’t have a messy room anymore. The drawers have European drawer glides and positive stops. Slat kit is available making the bed mattress ready. To add on, there are two storage doors each on one side of the bed.
8. Best Full-size Kids Daybed – DHP Manila Metal Full Daybed with Twin Trundle
If you are looking for a full-size daybed that can easily fit a twin mattress and has a trundle, DHP Manila metal full daybed is probably the best option for you. It is made up of metal frame with metal slats for extra support, which allows air to pass through to keep the mattress fresh. It has Victorian rounded finials which give a royal look to this simple yet chic full-size kid’s daybed with trundle, easily blending in along with the room to give a stylish look. For easy gliding opening and closing of the trundle, there are 2 locking and 2 unlocking glide casters. A full-size mattress fits on a daybed and a twin size mattress fits on a trundle. It is a multifunctional as it comes in a number of different styles, sizes, and colors.
9. Best Solid Wood Kids Daybed – Dorel Living Kayden Daybed Solid Wood, Twin, White
Kayden twin daybed is made up of solid wood making it sturdy and highly durable. It is used for multi-purpose seating and sleeping. It has a twin mattress with high density. They come in three colors; white, espresso and black. The polish gives clean lines and gives rich finishing making it look classy. The daybed is simple in design with no headboard or footboard. The trundle is also simple and can be used both as a sleeping bed or a seating couch. A box spring is not required, making the bed ready to use by just placing the mattress in place. It can be used in small living spaces due to its compact size.
10. Best Children’s Daybed Bunk Bed – Zinus Florence Twin Daybed and Roll Out Trundle Frame Set
Zinus Florence twin daybed and roll-out trundle are made up of premium steel giving it strong support. The trendy white steel curved frame will complement any decor. It is a stylish yet traditional looking bed with a trundle; saving up space. It can accommodate two standard twin size mattresses. Its headboard is simple and smooth with no sharp edges or design, making it a pretty safe option for your kid. The trundle easily rolls out of bed and doesn’t pop up avoiding the risk of baby falling off and getting hurt.
The Complete Guide Of Kids Daybed
Before purchasing any kids’ daybed, you must make sure that you know every minute detail about it. You wouldn’t want to spend your hard-earned money on something which doesn’t offer good quality or brand name. Therefore, it’s important to get into thorough research and learn about its applications, types, styles, pros, and cons.
Here is a helpful guide for buying the perfect daybed for your kids.
Uses of Daybeds:
Daybeds are favorite among people due to its multi-functional setup. It serves both as a sofa and a bed. They are perfect for small houses or small area bedrooms as it occupies space for just 1 bed while it’s actually a double or a twin bed. The space underneath the trundle can be used as storage or as a bed. And if you have a child, it can also serve as a multipurpose bed, functioning as kids daybed with trundle.
Daybeds usually come in wood, metal or a combination of both. Less common daybeds are made of upholstery giving it a fancy look.
The kind of material we choose basically defines its purpose of use. Metal daybeds being the traditional type are used for sleeping while wood daybeds being the modern type give a very casual sofa like look, making it perfect for seating and lounging. Upholstery daybeds come in a number of different styles and designs, giving a very chic and stylish look.
However, it’s easy to find wood and traditional ones. The most important factor to be considered here is your comfort and budget. You need to select the style and material which makes you comfortable and is within your budget.
Choose a design that would match with the rest of your furniture, giving it an even look. Daybeds come in several styles, designs, types, and colors. You can select the style/design as per your taste giving it either a traditional look with intricate carvings on it, a fancy and stylish look or either a formal look. You have various options in choosing the type, such as; small daybeds, daybeds with trundle, daybeds with storage, etc. When it comes to color you’ve got plenty of choice on that too. You can choose the color of daybed according to your room’s wall color or any other similar factor.
Every product in the market varies in quality and it’s up to the customer to purchase the one he thinks would fit right according to his needs. For instance, you can find different wood pieces in various qualities and prices.
Trundles are pull-out beds cast on wheels and placed under the daybeds. They can either be used as an additional sleeping bed or can be used as a storage place. They can either be lifted to the level of the daybed making the twin size bed almost king-sized bed or be kept at the ground level. There are three types of trundle beds; sleigh beds, day beds, and captain beds.
- Sleigh beds: as the name suggests, the headboard and footboard resemble like a sleigh (curved foot).
- Daybeds: is similar to the couch but it can also function as a bed.
- Captain beds: are beds that contain drawers on either side of the frame or on the headboard.
The most common trundle beds are daybeds.
Daybeds usually come in twin size mattress. Apart from that, the mattress size varies from one-bed size to another – king, queen, twin and full. The best comfortable mattress should be chosen to avoid any health issues in the near future. If you intend to use the daybed for daily use, make sure that it offers enough long-lasting quality.
Read our reviews about affordable twin size mattress.
Give your daybed the perfect daybed bedding. Daybed bedding sets consist of a comforter, 3 shams and a bed skirt. Daybed covers will look elegant and appealing.
The charm of a bedroom comes from the bed. Choosing the right bed is an important decision. Kinds daybeds are extremely advantageous and more useful for small houses, studio apartments or rooms where there isn’t much space available to keep a sofa or a chair. They are very versatile yet compact so they can be placed anywhere. Since most of the daybeds come with headboards and side rails they serve as support so we could rest our arms and back. Some headboards may be short so you can use a few additional pillows behind your back for support. The mattress of the trundle are well cushioned and of high density making more space to sit or sleep and relax.
I totally recommend getting a daybed if you want to keep unique furniture at home!